- PR/Marketing (half the day)
- I’ve made a couple EXO ONE planet making-of videos but not really promoted them much.
- Post both on IndieDB
- Post a newsletter informing subscribers that new daily dev logs exist, + new videos
- (On the weekend I also posted the vids to the Map Magic unity forum)
- Force self to post them on Reddit (Reddit scares me, prob just cos of all the rules and all the touchy self-promo haters)
- I’m thinking of also pinning a new post to my Twitter, which is something like, “here’s exo one (animated gif/video?), subscribe to the newsletter here”.
- Continuing Planet 2 (the other half of the day)
Wot I did
- Shared the youtube vids around on everything from StumbleUpon to IndieDB
- Wrote this Twitter post about Pinned Tweets from Top Developers.
— JayWeston (@JayWeston) February 6, 2017
- “Wasted” lots of time getting the above image in my tweet to actually show up…! As well as adding Yoast and a few other sorely needed things to the blog.
- Went down a marketing rabbit hole that took half a day in research
- Updated my PR/Marketing docs with a few things learned on my rabbit hole journey
- BTW, promoting and sharing even the shortest article takes a lot of time, omg! Also, I hate pressing submit/send/share every single time.
- Signed up for some game dev Slack groups to see what they were about
- Since it’s now late I’m just going to do some Twitch ‘research’ and watch some game devs I noted down last time I was on William Chyr’s stream
- Lol at the title of this blog post
In case you’d like to check these people out, I’ve been recommended all these guys:
https://www.twitch.tv/nonplayercat (no videos here, hmmm. They don’t want people watching after the stream ends?)