Have been scrambling about doing all sorts of stuff this week after hearing EXO ONE would be at Rezzed. Partially getting over excited maybe, but also wanting to maximize the opportunity and make the game look its best for the end of March. So to that effect I’ve been:
- Sweating in the 40C heat here in Adelaide with no air con in my office
- Improving both planets
- Finalizing the height map for Planet 2
- Working on final details/grass/rocks etc for Planet 2
- Had a ‘breakthrough’ realisation of how we can more easily see through clouds and keep our bearings at the same time
- Emailing a swathe of people I know in game dev, generally asking for their thoughts about the whole Rezzed thing and how I should handle it (since I probably won’t be flying over)
- Turning up my PR/Marketing efforts. Mostly feels like to no effect whatsoever, lol. Either I’m bad at it or it just takes a far bigger, longer concerted effort than I think! Made me think of Jacob Leichty’s (from Astroneer)Tweet:
Twitter is for deleting the notion in your mind of "I wonder if anyone cares"
— Jacob Liechty (@SparseJacobian) February 4, 2017
I’m pretty sure people care about your game Jacob, stop complaining, omggg!! :)
For my marketing troubles last week (I probably spent almost 2 solid days doing nothing but…) I gained 3 newsletter subscribers and a handful of Twitter followers. Boom! It also seems that Reddit somehow dislikes me about as much as I dislike it…! I’m joking, I love Reddit, I just hate posting anything to it, because I get downvoted and comments like this:
Somehow nothing I ever post there gets any love at all. I feel like Reddit is like this:
“You did something great? You’re personally telling us about it? Go away!!”
“My friend did this and now that happened and OMG isn’t that amazing?!” Upvote!!!
Ok, end of rant. Back to work. I officially abandon all Reddit hope lol.
Thanks for following!